Family Law Center
There is nothing more basic and fundamental to a good life than a good family situation. Sometimes you need to take steps to protect your family with good estate planning and the creation of a will and living health documents. Sometimes you need to care for a sick spouse. And sometimes, when families split apart, you need to protect your rights, what you have earned, and protect and care for children. Depending on what your situation involves determines the approach we take. We we can help you maintain control of the situation with our multi-faceted Family Law Center.
D.C. Divorce Lawyer - Legal Separation Attorney
If you were married in the District of Columbia, currently permanently reside in D.C., or your spouse resides in D.C., you may be able to file for divorce in D.C. quickly.
- Contested and uncontested divorce, no-fault and fault divorce, legal separation, and annulment
- Division of Property Agreements
- Marital property - Equitable distribution, marital home, marital assets, marital debts, business valuation, retirement accounts, 401(k) plans, pensions, stocks and bonds
- Permanent, rehabilitative, limited duration and term alimony cases
- Child support:
- Child support orders, child support enforcement and child support modification
- Child Custody and Visitation:
- Legal custody, physical custody, joint custody, visitation, parenting time, time-sharing, paternity, and interstate jurisdictional issues
- Domestic Violence:
- Including sexual assault, criminal trespass, harassment, stalking, restraining orders, violations of restraining orders, terroristic threats, criminal restraint and contempt
- Post-Judgement Modifications & Enforcement
- Divorce Mediations
- We resolves divorce situations as expeditiously as possible. Our philosophy is that it is easier to resolve situations early instead of allowing them to languish in court, and our assistants are always willing to address client concerns.
Wills, Trusts & Estates
Too many people pass away without a will. Many more have medical and health emergencies that leave loved ones stressed about making medical decisions on your behalf. Being proactive is the only solution. We can provide the following:
- Will preparation
- Minor's Trust
- Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Power of Attorney for Property
- Living Will
- Powers of Attorney can also be prepared separately
- Trust Agreements
The Pinegar Law Firm provides a FREE consultation for our new clients to discuss your situation and determine if legal representation is right for you. Please use the CONTACT page above and tell us about your situation. We want to help.